Upside Down Apricot Ginger Beer Cake Recipe
Its apricot season. My friend improvised this recipe from a box of yellow cake mix with fresh apricots and River City Ginger Beer.
- 1 Cup butter
- 1/4 Cup sliced almonds or pecans
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1/2 Cup pureed apricots
- 1 Yellow box cake mix
- 3 Eggs
- 1 Cup or 3/4 bottle River City Ginger Beer
- Melt 1/2 cup of butter in 9×13 pan in 350 degree oven.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup sliced almonds or pecans,1 cup brown sugar.
- Lay out a layer of fresh apricots.
- Mix 1 box yellow cake mix for 2 minutes with 3 eggs, 1/2 cup pureed apricots.
- Add in 1 cup or 3/4 bottle River City Ginger Beer.
- Pour on top of apricots.
- Bake until toothpick comes out clean 55-60 minutes.
great with homemade root beer sauce on burgers