Sweet and Tangy BBQ Red Sauce Recipe
We made revisions to the sauce to put on our burgers. It was shockingly good. We caramelized the root beer with the garlic until it was practically burned. It actually was fine and it was very flavorful. Very tangy and just the right amount of root beer flavor and sweetness. It was so delicious on our burgers that we’re going to try it on BBQ chicken next. I added a 1/2 bottle more of the River City Root Beer after mixing the sauce and bringing it to a boil to thin it. For thinner sauce add more River City Root Beer. Serve with River City Root Beer Milkshakes for the perfect meal. Also, check out the lemonade BBQ sauce recipe
- 3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ bottle of River City Root Beer
- 1 ½ Cup of Ketchup
- ¼ Cup of Soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- Coat or spray cooking pan with olive oil.
- Brown minced garlic.
- Pour 1 bottle of River City Root Beer in and boil until syrup is well caramelized.
- Add Ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
- Mix well and simmer until thick.
- Add ½ bottle of River City Root Beer and simmer until a couple of bubbles form.
- The mixture should be thin enough that it pours well.
- Cool, put in container and refrigerate. Able to use immediately.
Makes about 24 oz of sauce.
pairs perfectly with orange cream float pie