Root Beer Flan
Delicious recipe. Simple ingredients and easy to make. Especially fun if you love root beer. This was my 2nd attempt. I used 2 bottles of root beer and it was too much liquid, it was delicious but too runny. Also, make sure you bake it long enough. Flan is easy to make looks so professional and is great for summer or winter. I would also recommend doing the Orange Flan recipe using our River City Orange Cream craft soda. Check out our recipes page for more delicious treats.
- 1-12 Oz River City Root Beer
- 5 Eggs
- 1 (14 oz.) Can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 oz.) Can condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Caramelize River City Root Beer in saucepan.
- Pour root beer reduction (about 2-6 oz. after reducing) into cake baking pan distributing evenly.
- Mix eggs (may only use yolks) condensed milk, evaporated milk, remaining River City Root Beer.
- Pour into baking pan.
- Place pan in water bath and bake for 50 – 80 minutes or until top starts to brown but still jiggles.
- Remove flan from water bath and cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, until cold and firm, at least 8 hours or up to 3 days.
- Tip – leave out to warm up flan ( it should be fluid) to release flan. Then flip over onto plate.