Orange Flan with River City Orange Cream Craft Soda
I made this orange flan recipe several times and its so easy. The orange cream soda makes this so delicious. Perfect dessert for hot or cold days and it looks so professional. Try it with root beer.
- 4 Tablespoons white sugar
- 1-12 Oz River City 5050 Orange Cream
- 5 Eggs
- 1 (14 oz.) Can evaporated milk
- 1 (14 oz.) Can condensed milk
- 2 Teaspoon grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Caramelize River City Orange Cream and sugar in saucepan.
- Pour orange cream soda reduction (about 2-6 oz. after reducing) into cake baking pan distributing evenly.
- Mix eggs (may only use yolks) condensed milk, evaporated milk, remaining River City 5050 Orange Cream soda, 2 tsp orange zest.
- Pour into baking pan.
- Place pan in water bath and bake for 50 – 80 minutes or until top starts to brown but still jiggles.
- Remove flan from water bath and cool for at least 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate, uncovered, until cold and firm, at least 8 hours or up to 3 days.
- Tip –
- Tip – leave out to warm up flan ( it should be fluid) to release flan. Then flip over onto plate.