Orange Cream Float Pie made with River City 50/50 Orange Cream
Fantastic recipe. Quick and easy preparation, perfect for summer. Make it without the graham cracker crust and it becomes a creamy frozen creamsicle. You can also skip the pie crust and put it in parfait glasses see root beer float pie.
- 2 Bottles River City Orange Cream Craft Soda
- 1 4-5 oz Box of instant vanilla pudding mix (sugar free can be used)
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- The zest of 2 oranges (optional)
- 1 (8 oz.) Tub of Cool Whip thawed
- 1 Prepared graham cracker crust
- Maraschino cherries and whipped cream (optional)
- In sauce pan pour 1 bottle of the River City Orange Cream and caramelize it.
- Zest the 2 oranges.
- In large mixing bowl, add 1 bottle of River City Orange Cream, milk, orange zest, pudding mixture and the caramelized River City Orange Cream.
- Mix for 2 minutes or until mixture thickens. Fold in Cool Whip until the mixture is uniform.
- Pour the mixture into the graham cracker crust and freeze for 8 hours or overnight.
- Cut into slices and garnish with cherries and whipped cream. (optional)