Meatloaf Recipe with Bison
This dish turned out great. My husband said its the best meatloaf he’s ever had. I already had the sauce prepared so making this was very quick. You can prepare this ahead of time and freeze too. Serve Ginger Beer Creamsicle with plum sauce for dessert.
- 1.25 Lbs of bison burger
- 4 Slices of cheddar cheese
- 1/2 Cup River City Root Beer sauce
- 1 Cup coleslaw mix
- Mix Burger, coleslaw and 1/2 sauce together.
- Place in meatloaf dish.
- Put cheddar cheese slices on top.
- Spread the rest of sauce on top.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 50 – 60 minutes
Sweet & Tangy River City Root Beer sauce recipe
- 3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ bottle of River City Root Beer
- 1 ½ Cup of Ketchup
- ¼ Cup of Soy sauce
- 3 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Tablespoon mustard
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- Coat or spray cooking pan with olive oil.
- Brown minced garlic.
- Pour 1 bottle of River City Root Beer in and boil until syrup is well caramelized.
- Add Ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce and mustard.
- Mix well and simmer until thick.
- Add ½ bottle of River City Root Beer and simmer until a couple of bubbles form.
- The mixture should be thin enough that it pours well.
- Cool, put in container and refrigerate. Able to use immediately.
Makes about 24 oz. of sauce.