Lemonade BBQ Sauce Recipe
Rated 10 stars for taste, simplicity, presentation. The lemonade BBQ sauce pairs so well with bison and vegetables. You can substitute the vegetables for rice if desired. So good I’m making this again next week. Also, try the root beer BBQ sauce.
- 3 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 bottles River City Blueberry Lemonade
- 1 ½ Cup of Ketchup
- ¼ Cup of Soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- Coat or spray cooking pan with olive oil.
- Brown minced garlic.
- Pour 3 bottles of River City Blueberry Lemonade in and boil until syrup is well caramelized.
- Add Ketchup, soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce.
- Mix well and simmer until thick.
- Cool, put in container and refrigerate. Able to use immediately.
Makes about 14 oz. of sauce.
Stuffed Bell Peppers Recipe
- 2 Yellow Bell Peppers washed with the tops cut off
- 1.25 Lbs. of ground bison
- 6 Oz of River City Blueberry Lemonade BBQ sauce
- 1 Cup of Zucchini mixture
- 2 Slices cheddar cheese
- 1 Zucchini – sliced
- 1/2 Red onion finely chopped
- 1 Green Pepper finely chopped
- 1 Tsp Olive Oil
- 1/4 Italian dressing
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- In saucepan coat with oil and sauté zucchini, onion and green pepper.
- Add Italian dressing and cook until vegetables are soft.
- Add the ground bison and 4 oz. of the BBQ sauce.
- Cook until bison is brown.
- Stuff mixture in pepper until full – pack down.
- Place a piece of cheddar cheese on top and 1 oz. of the BBQ sauce on top.
- Cook in oven at 350 for 30 minutes
Makes 2 stuffed peppers.