Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich with Ginger Molasses Cookies
Ginger Cookies are my favorites and this recipe makes the best chewy cookies with the ginger and spice flavors coming out nicely. Adding the ice cream to these makes them the bomb. Winter or summer these are delicious.
- 2.25 Cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 Teaspoons of ground ginger
- 1 Teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 Cup of softened butter
- 1 Cup of brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 3 Tablespoons River City Ginger Beer
- 1/4 Cup of molasses
- 1 Egg
- 2 Tablespoons of white sugar
- 1 Scoop (1/4 cup) of vanilla ice cream per sandwich
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sift together in bowl, flour, ginger, baking soda, salt, cloves and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, add butter and brown sugar, egg, molasses and River City Ginger Beer. Beat until creamy.
- Add the flour mixture.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and roll in white sugar to coat completely.
- Place onto ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10 -15 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet then move to a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Instructions for making the cookie sandwich
- For each sandwich, scoop about 1/4 cup ice cream onto bottom of 1 cookie. Top with second cookie, bottom side down; press together gently. Wrap sandwich in plastic wrap. Freeze 3 hours or until firm. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.