Ginger Molasses Cookies
Ginger Cookies are my favorite so I’m biased. This recipe is extremely soft and chewy with the ginger and spice flavors coming out nicely. Perfect for holiday parties. I think this is the best ginger cookie recipe I’ve ever made. Makes about 24 cookies. Perfect dessert for Orange Chicken Stir Fry.
- 2.25 Cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 Teaspoons of ground ginger
- 1 Teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 Teaspoon of ground cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon of salt
- 3/4 Cup of softened butter
- 1 Cup of brown sugar
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- 1 Egg
- 3 Tablespoons River City Ginger Beer
- 1/4 Cup of molasses
- 2 Tablespoons of white sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Sift together in bowl, flour, ginger, baking soda, salt, cloves and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, add butter and brown sugar, egg, molasses and River City Ginger Beer. Beat until creamy.
- Add the flour mixture.
- Form dough into 1-inch balls and roll in white sugar to coat completely.
- Place onto ungreased cookie sheet and flatten slightly.
- Bake for 10 -15 minutes.
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet then move to a wire rack. Cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.