Sherbet Recipe with River City Blueberry Lemonade
Sherbet, pronounced “SHER-but,” is the usual word for the frozen sweet dessert made from fruit or fruit juices. per Wikipedia
The sherbet was creamy, cool and refreshing. Sweet and Tangy and excellent with a dollop of whipped cream. A great treat for summer. Try our River City Orange Cream Float Pie for another frozen treat.
- 10 Bottles of River City Blueberry Lemonade
- 2 Cups of Sugar
- 3 Cups Blueberries
- Freeze the ice cream maker’s bowl.
- Caramelize (boil down) River City Blueberry Lemonade.
- Blend fruit (fresh or frozen), sugar and caramelized syrup in food processor or blender and chill.
- Churn the chilled mixture for 15 to 20 minutes, according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Put sorbet/sherbet in freezer for at least 2 hours before serving.
Makes about 1-2 quarts. Depends on how much you boil down the soda.