Root Beer BBQ Sauce on BBQ Steaks
Always a favorite any time of year. Pair with steak fries and a root beer milkshake
Root Beer BBQ Sauce recipe was absolutely delicious. I also added soy sauce to this batch and it gave a tangy saltier version of the previous one. The root beer adds just the right amount of sweetness for the sauce. Making your own sauce is easy and fun. Also try the Lemonade BBQ sauce.
- 1/2 Bottle River City Root Beer
- 1 Teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/4 Cup ketchup
- 1 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/4 Soy sauce
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Spray pot with cooking oil.
- Sauté minced garlic until brown.
- Add brown sugar, ketchup, River City Root Beer, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce.
- Bring to a boil.
- Optional – for a thicker sauce add corn starch to tablespoon of water mix well and add to sauce, bring back to a boil.