Soda Cakes made with River City Orange Cream
These were delicious. The orange cream syrup is so sweet, creamy and that perfect amount of citrus. Orange cream is a flavor you can’t go wrong with. Pairs well with any kind of chocolate, next time I’ll use white chocolate.
- Pancake mix (use River City Orange Cream instead of water in mix)
- 1 12 Oz bottle River City Orange Cream
- 1/2 Cup white sugar
- 1/4 Cup chocolate chips
- Butter to taste
- Whisk the cup of pancake mix in with the River City Orange Cream soda.
- Mix in chocolate chips if desired.
- In saucepan pour the 1/2 bottle of River City Orange Cream soda and white sugar, bring to a boil.
- Using a griddle or a skillet melt butter and keep the skillet at medium temperature.
- Ladle about a 1/4 of batter on to skillet to make a pancake, take care to keep them evenly spaced.
- Cook until bubbles break on the topside and the underside is golden brown, flip with spatula and cook 2 -3 minutes more.
- Serve warm with butter and River City Orange Cream syrup.