Root Beer BBQ Sauce on Beef Sandwiches
These were easy and fun to make. Homemade BBQ Sauce is the best kind. This is the original red sauce style recipe. Also, I’ve added additional ingredients since a trip to Nashville opened my eyes to the world of BBQ sauces styles and I’ll post those in another recipe. The Root Beer gives it that sweet flavor that goes so well with meat. You can make a lot of this sauce at one time and it only gets better with time. Also great on meatloaf
- 1/2 Bottle River City Root Beer
- Teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 Cup brown sugar
- 1/4 Cup Worcestershire
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/4 Cup ketchup
- 1 Tablespoon corn starch
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Meat of your choice
- Bread of your choice (suggested pretzel)
- Spray cook pot with olive oil.
- Sauté minced garlic until brown.
- Add brown sugar, ketchup, River City Root Beer, Worcestershire.
- Bring to a boil.
- Optional – for a thicker sauce add corn starch to tablespoon of water mix well and add to sauce, bring back to a boil.
- BBQ meat of your choice – slice and put bread of your choice ( we prefer pretzel buns) and add coleslaw and River City Root Beer BBQ sauce.